To allow us to resume driving lessons safely, we have produced two documents for our customers. These will explain how driving lessons will be carried out for the foreseeable future. They cover what will happen before, during and after each driving lesson. Below is a outline of our Safety Procedure.
Please take the time to read each document so you are aware of what is expected of you and what you can expect from your instructor during your lessons throughout these uncertain times. Our full Safety Procedure and updated Terms & Conditions are available to download at the bottom of this page.
COVID – 19 Safety Procedure.
We take the safety of our instructors and you, our customers, extremely seriously.
We will be adhering to the government and industry guidelines to minimise the risk of spreading the virus.
- The evening before your scheduled lesson
You MUST have a Covid-19 test on a regular basis using a Lateral Flow testing kit. The UK Government have now said that everyone can have 2 Covid-19 tests a week. You MUST show your instructor proof that your test returned a negative result. You MUST take the test the evening before each of your lessons and send photographic proof of the test to your instructor clearly showing the ID number on the test strip. This can be done via WhatsApp, email or messenger.
Failure to do so will mean the lesson will be cancelled and you will be charged for the lesson.
Every instructor will also be taking these tests twice a week and will freely share the test result with you if you ask for it and show you proof if required.
To give everyone time to collect or order the Lateral Flow testing kits, we will start checking tests from 19th April. Full details of these tests can be found here, www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
You will receive a call or text from your instructor asking if you have experienced any of the main three symptoms of the virus.
- High temperature
- New or persistent cough
- Loss of taste or smell
If you have experienced any symptoms of the virus within the past 7 days or you have been in contact with someone who has within the last 14 days,
THE LESSON MUST NOT GO AHEAD.
Should the scheduled lesson be cancelled for COVID-19 related symptoms or a positive test restult, we will be forced to implement a statutory 14 days waiting period before further lessons can be conducted.
- if you develop symptoms, you must continue to follow the rules to self-isolate with other members of your household and order a test to find out if you have coronavirus
- if you test positive for coronavirus, you must share information promptly about your recent contacts through the NHS test and trace service to help us alert other people who may need to self-isolate
- if you have had close recent contact with someone who has coronavirus, you must self-isolate if the NHS test and trace service advises you to do so
Should the result of your NHS Track and Trace show negative, then we will resume your lessons as normal once we receive a copy of the text or email confirmation.
- Immediately prior to your lesson and before you enter the tuition vehicle.
- Please wash your hands with soap and water as close to your lesson as possible. (Your instructor will have anti-virus hand gel available if this was not possible.)
- You will once again be asked if you have experienced any of the symptoms.
- You will be required to provide a face covering or mask and this must be fitted before entering the vehicle.
- If you wish to wear gloves, these should be put on before entering the vehicle. These must be suitable and safe for driving.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions as the vehicle windows will be kept partially open.
- Your instructor may ask to take your temperature with a non-contact devise.
It will now be mandatory to wear a face mask during lessons. This will ideally be a mask covering the nose and mouth. If you are unable to wear this type of mask then a face shield must be worn. Only a small number of our customers were not wearing a mask previously but for the safety of all our instructors, customers, family and friends we have now decided that masks MUST be worn. If you have a genuine reason why you cannot wear either type of mask, you will need to discuss this with your instructor prior to you resuming lessons.
- Lesson Preparation.
Your instructor will clean the vehicle with an ANTI VIRUS Solution before and between EVERY new lesson.
- Door handles, inside and out
- Windows and mirror controls
- Seat and head restraints
- Seatbelts and their connections
- Gear lever
- Steering wheel
- Indicator and wiper stalks
- Light switches
- Car keys
- Car seats (spray with Dettol or anti-bacterial solution) Disposable seat covers may be used.
- Training resources such as visual aids
- Bonnet release catch
Your Instructor will clean their hands with a sanitiser before and after each lesson.
- During the lesson:
- Face to face conversations will be avoided as much as possible
- Physical contact with any training aids will be minimised and these will also be sanitised before each new lesson
- You will be asked to hold up your licence so your instructor can record the details (First lesson only)
- A separate pen will be provided for you to sign the lesson sheet at end of your lesson. This will be sanitised before every lesson and kept in the centre console and only touched by you, the pupil. Please bring your own pen if you wish to.
- If a demo drive is required by your instructor, a full wipe down will be required both before and after.
- If your instructor needs to take physical control, then an immediate wipe down of the touch points will be required before the lesson can continue.
- After your lesson:
You are advised to wash your hands as soon as possible. (Your instructor will make an anti – bacterial gel available if you wish)
Should you have any questions regarding the COVID-19 safety procedure, you are very welcome to contact customer services to clarify or seek reassurance.
John Harvey, school owner.